Make Friends With Your Body
Sunday 19th May
Mulberry House, 21 Manor Place, Edinburgh, EH3 7DX,
1:30 - 3:30pm
Everybody deserves to feel good in their body and enjoy food. And everyone is capable of reaching that place. These workshops, which can be taken individually or as a series, are for those who are finding it difficult to navigate towards that place themselves.
Each 3 hour workshop offers a safe space to find connection with your body and its signals through a yoga based, embodied, approach.
Through mindfulness, meditation and yoga based movement you will learn to recognise hunger signals, types of hunger, what your body needs and how to respond to those needs. Working with the body teaches you how to distinguish emotional needs from physical needs, and make choices accordingly.
Coached activities and discussion will help you to recognise behaviours and beliefs which keep negative cycles playing out and help you to gradually change them.
These are for you if any of the following apply:
- you often feel uncomfortable in your body
- you struggle to like your body
- you regularly eat more than is physically comfortable
- you deliberately miss meals or restrict food to feel better in some way
- you find social situations challenging due to food and / or how you feel about your body
- you wish food could somehow just be easier
- you are looking for a more mindful and long term approach to feeling good in your body